Monday, September 22, 2014

Outfit of the Day: Going Black and White

Last weekend was a good eating weekend!


It started off with a mussel and oyster feed at a local yacht club in Alameda... a friend of Tim's was the very talented chief for the night! Then on Saturday was the annual Eat Real Food Truck Festival in Jack London Square in Oakland.

Lots of good food this weekend and completely unplanned, two black and white outfits to go with it!


Outfit of the Day:

For Friday night, during the yacht club dinner, I wore my Lucky 13 Hairspray dress. I thought the print on this dress would be fitting since it has a nautical theme working throughout it. Also, because the print is so busy on this dress, I figured it would also be a good choice in case I dropped something on it while eating. Also, because we were going to be right on the water and I wasn't sure if this was an indoor or outdoor event, I decided to pair it with my black capri leggings. I also wore a black cardigan and my trusty black flats.

Lucky 13 Hairspray Dress- Front View

Lucky 13 Hairspray Dress- Front View

Lucky 13 Hairspray Dress- Side View

Lucky 13 Hairspray Dress With Black Cardigan- Front View

Lucky 13 Hairspray Dress With Black Cardigan- Front View

Lucky 13 Hairspray Dress With Black Cardigan- Side View

Lucky 13 Hairspray Dress- Close Up




For the Eat Real Festival on Saturday I decided my black and white gingham dress would be perfect! Some of you readers my recognize this dress. This is the first dress of the year that I made!  I made this dress with Butterick pattern B4790. After I initially blogged about it, I did do some alterations to get it to fit a little better. I pulled the shoulders up and took in a little bit of the bodice at the darts. I paired this with a black cardigan and as usual for walking days, my trusty black flats. 

Dress Made By Me, Butterick Pattern B4790- Front View

Dress Made By Me, Butterick Pattern B4790- Front View

Dress Made By Me, Butterick Pattern B4790- Side View
Dress Made By Me, Butterick Pattern B4790 With Black Cardigan- Front View

Dress Made By Me, Butterick Pattern B4790 With Black Cardigan- Front View







No comments:

Post a Comment