Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Outfit of the Day: At the Aquarium with Anne Rice

On Friday the week before last, I got to meet Anne Rice!


She was at the Aquarium of the Bay in San Francisco doing a book signing for her new book Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis.


Outfit of the Day:

Because I thought it was a cute idea that she was doing her Atlantis book signing at the Aquarium, I decided to wear my trashy Diva 40's dress in Deep Sea coral to play along with that theme! I paired this with a vintage Navy sequined cardigan which I got earlier this year from Etsy. To keep warm, I paired this with light beige sweater tights from Target from a couple years ago and though not pictured a beige wool wrap coat also from Target from a couple years ago. Because I knew we'd be getting into some walking I wore a pair of navy flats by Rocket Dog from Zappos from a couple years ago.


Trashy Diva 40's dress in Deep Sea Coral- Front View

Trashy Diva 40's dress in Deep Sea Coral- Side View



With Anne Rice at the Aquarium of the Bay, San Francisco!

At the Aquarium of the Bay, San Francisco, CA








I'm looking forward to starting Anne Rice's new book! But first, I'm reading Heretics of Dune by Frank Herbert (the fifth book in the Dune series) before I let too much time pass between the last time I read Dune book #4 and this one.


Are you a book lover? What book are you currently reading?






10 comments:

  1. I always love you in blue! I love that TD print too. I have the shorts but don't love the way they fit so I may sell them, but IDK. I love to read too but I'm a non-fiction girl. That's awesome you got to meet Anne Rice! I'm pretty sure I read a book or two of hers years back and def saw Interview with a Vampire XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! I always love seeing your book reviews on your blog. Every now and then I do enjoy some non-fiction but I do have to say fiction is my fav! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm in awe of your ability to match your outfits to any theme!! That's fab that you got to meet Anne Rice, how exciting. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Porcelina! LOL I think I have too many clothes! :O It's just too easy when repro companies keep coming out with awesome novelty prints! :D I'm def planning on cooling it with the spending this coming year on though as I have so many dresses and don't do closet clean outs too often. 2017 goals ;)

      Delete
  3. Such a great choice to wear that gorgeous dress to the Aquarium as it looks so lovely on you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous dress and how cool you met Ann Rice and at such a neat place

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect dress for the event and it looks so lovely with the cardigan and tights! x

    ReplyDelete