Saturday, January 4, 2014

Out with the old, in with the new... blog!

Hello Kittens!


It's the start of a new year and so I decided to finally start this blog which I have been thinking of starting for some time now. Since this is the beginning, let me introduce myself. I'm an obsessive dress collector of retro styles, an active afternoon tea goer, mother of four beautiful lovely little cats, newly married wife, lover of old Hollywood movies, as well as admirer of horror movies, and enthusiast of books, crafts, sewing, drawing, and ceramics. I suspect this blog, as time goes on, will be filled mostly with vintage style dresses and pictures of my cats but I hope I will also be able to chronicle my sewing projects (which I hope will be plentiful in this new year) as well as other random what-nots and tea and town outings.

My new year's resolution last year was to exercise more which I have been more or less faithful to: 20 minute walks at work everyday during my lunch breaks and an additional 2-3 days of cardio for 30 minutes. With the success of that resolution, my new year's resolution for this year will be to continue on with that, as well as be more healthy both physically and financially. As I've mentioned previously I'm a pretty obsessive dress collector so this year I will try to curb my purchases by sticking only to sales and save binges for my birthday and Christmas! Wish me luck!

So far, the new year has had a very healthy and wholesome start! My husband Tim and I ushered in the new year with a quiet evening at home, cozy and warm in bed with our four sweet babes (cats) in bed with us (well three in the bed, one under the bed) in our quiet little house with only the sounds of the TV on and  when the clock struck midnight distant sounds of fireworks outside. New year's day we celebrated the start of a new year enjoying a hike up in nearby Sunol regional park where we did a pleasant walk along the Shady Glen trail and some uphill hiking along Hayfield road where we were able to enjoy panoramic views of the Fremont hills stretching out undisturbed for miles and miles (the parking lot was in the valley hidden by the hills). This is in stark contrast to new years 2013 where we ushered in the new years in bustling, busy Las Vegas where we saw a burlesque show New Years eve, watched the count down outside along the strip, then shopped like crazy visiting every single Bettie Page store there new year's day ;)... It was an exciting new year's though like I said a sharp contrast to our new years this year. I heard it said, be careful what you do new year's day as it will be an indication of what you will be doing the rest of the year... Last year's Vegas shopping spree certainly was indicative of my habits for the rest of year. I hope this new year's new year's day will be just as emblematic :)

Sorry I did not remember to take pictures of our Sunol hike... I will have to remember to take more pictures in the future but I will leave you with a closing shot of our annual Christmas season photo in front of the house with my sweetest girl Murkurie.






 
Dress: my favorite of my new dresses I got this past Christmas season- the Stop Staring Belinda Swing dress in Navy from DaddyOs

Cat: my favorite of my sweetest girl Murkurie

No comments:

Post a Comment